Monday, March 31, 2014

week 36: a completely normal week...

There is almost nothing to report this week.
Nothing at all.
Not really anything happened.
Nope.
Nada
Zilch.
Zero.
It was a completely regular week. Except for a few important details:
1. I lost my voice.
It was an incredibly humbling experience, I related to Alma when he said, "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people! Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth" Whenever I opened up my mouth it sounded like the black plauge....and when I tried to sing a hymn....
...it sounded like a frog who had the flu, then the black plauge, died, became a zombie frog with leprosy and did a duet with his banshee girlfriend.
All I wanted to do was to talk! but whenever I said something....nothing was said! But I learned a lot about how actions really speak louder than words. We can talk all day but unless we live the things we preach and show kindness to everyone, everything has been done in vain.
2. We found an incredible investigator family
On tuesday, all of our appointments fell through and we got pretty discouraged....but whenever that happens, it's always a sign that the Lord wants you somewhere else. So we started knocking on doors...and we stumbled across the Tzul Family. We taught a breif lesson on the Plan of Salvation and set up another appointment. When we returned, the father, was incredilbly excited to listen to us and we taught about more things and answered his questions. He told us that he really didn't have that much knowledge about Jesus Crist, that he was raised believing in ancient Mayan gods, (the god of the sun, the moon, etc.) but he knew that Heavenly Father existed.
We had a few incredible lessons with this man and his family, and this sunday he came to church with his daughter! He wasn't there for the first hour, but during Gospel Principles class, the Stake President greeted him and guided him to Sunday School, and as he walked in he said "The missionaries invited me!" and sat down.
He and his daughter loved church, and said they learned a lot of things!
And I was so excited to teach them until....
3. I'm getting transferred out of the area.
Yes my good friends, I am leaving Jutiapa.
For good.
Last night the Zone Leaders called and announced my misfortune. Tomorrow I get on a bus and go.
After only 6 weeks of being here! I mean...what? So that was sad.
My companion, Elder Vieira gets to stay here. and I'm really going to miss him....I was just barely starting to understand Portuguese. He's a really great missionary and....
Man....
What....What happens next?

Only time will tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment