Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 28: Just Keep Swimming‏

¨Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, what do we do? We swim. Swim. Swim.¨ Dory sings as her and Marlin swim down into the abyss after the fallen diver´s mask.
I came across a reference to Finding Nemo in the January issue of ¨The Liahona¨ and it got me in the mood. No matter what the season is, if it´s the best of times or the worst of times, the mentally dysfunctional Blue Tang has the best of philosophies.
Just keep swimming.
Ah ya... 
It´s comparable to the 4th (and hardest) step in the Gospel of Jesus Christ: Endure to the End. Gaining faith is easy, repenting is a bit harder, baptism is a weighty covenant but chief among all principles is the final...it requires diligence and drive, perseverance and...endurance.
Keep that fire going! Adapt Nephi´s philosophy when he said ¨Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation.¨ (2ndNephi: 4: 30) We´re here to rejoice in our God forever! Not just for a day or two!
And so was this week...It was my turn to learn how to endure WELL. Things have been going slowly...and days feel like weeks when there´s nothing to do. We´re trying really hard to find more people to teach and somehow, we keep finding ourselves back on square one.
Everything else is going well though! January (which was hanging by threads) finally finished! How I love the month of February! The world is leaving it´s winter slumber and the first sprouts of a new year begin to take root. It´s not too late to change your course, but sufficient headway has been made as to give one a feeling of accomplishment.
Valentines Day is on the horizon...Singles Awareness Day for most of the world (including the Missionaries). But the greatest love that we can share and feel is that of our Savior Jesus Christ!
Just Keep Swimming!
Endure to the End!
...sweet!
I´ve just got one more scripture I´d like to share from 2nd Nephi ¨Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.¨
-Elder Monson

cartoon drawing, he really enjoys cartooning

journal notes
planner cover... love the "awesome" pose


No comments:

Post a Comment