Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 30: So Long, San Juan‏

Saying good-bye to San Juan families
It´s been confirmed. I leave San Juan Sacetepequez tomorrow morning.
Although it did not come as a surprise, the news hit hard. Last week my mother told me to ¨bloom where you´re planted¨ and the phrase stuck with me all week. 
Did I bloom? I would like to think so, but for some reason I was never quite sure. But then I began to think about how things where when I first came to the area....and how so much had changed since then. Part of me would like to say that I made a difference...and then I´m reminded: I did nothing. The Lord used me as an instrument to perform his work.
It´s much better that way.
So, How was the week this week?
I guess you could say that it was a good one. We went to the temple on Tuesday as you already know, the experience was fantastic....and it took 3 and a half hours to get home by bus....so it wasn´t a super cool way to end the day. The rest of the week was spent looking for new investigators and tying up the loose ends with the old ones. We found a few golden people in San Pedro Sacetepequez, (the other city under our stewardship) and it was great to be able to see things progress...
...but it was also kind of difficult to focus, knowing that I would be leaving in a week.
It was a fast/slow week. But one thing is for certain: I will always be grateful for the things I learned here in San Juan, I really have done a lot of growing up...I think, or at least I hope I have....



temple trip... missionaries on a mission
But notwithstanding....it´s been a wild ride, I can´t say that I´m the same kid who got on the airplane for Guatemala 30 weeks ago.
And the scary thing is that I still have a long way to go before this is all over.
Woah.
Anyways, I´ve rambled for too long already. But I´m super excited to see what happens tomorrow....change is good (and crazy) and there´s going to be a lot of it going on this coming week. I have a lot to say....but really nothing left to say at all.
So long San Juan....if I didn´t bloom there at least I sprouted a little bit...and wherever I´m repotted I´lll face another adventure there.
Holy cannoli.
Nothing to do now but wait...
"Seriously, where is my mom and her amazing packing skills when I need her?"



No comments:

Post a Comment