Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 78: How Beautiful upon the Mountains‏

This morning, in the middle of an unnecessary traffic jam, I was left to my thoughts. It was interesting to reflection on how accustomed I've grown to Guatemalan Culture. A year and a half ago, I would have had a nervous breakdown, but today I just sort of kept a straight face as I was packed into the bus like a sardine and let the driver wade through the sea of cars. A usually 15 minute trip took a grand total of 55 minutes so that we could arrive at the chapel in Roosevelt in order to write today.
And after almost killing 4 people in a roundabout, we made it only 15 minutes late.
Last night they told us the changes, and Elder Chunga and I will be staying the same for 6 more weeks...in fact, things are just staying pretty much the same in the whole zone, only Hermana Merlo and Elder Morris have changes. And they also announced that they're going to re-open San Cristobal II, so that means I'm not going to be alone in a district full of sisters.
So, that's fun.


This past week was fairly bland. There wasn't much to do in the work, even though we were out there looking as hard as we could, we basically sacrificed this week to have a better one next week. Truly, the highlights were found in the scriptures that I read.
I've been studying in the book of Mosiah, and what has really impacted me was the example that Abinadi gives us through his preaching, when the priests of Noah tried to confound him, he could not be moved nor shaken, he preaches the doctrine of Christ with such power that his enemies cannot touch him. His testimony is so powerful, and his doctrine condemned a wicked king and an iniquitous kingdom.
Imagine that!
In chapter 15 he says:
"And now I say unto you, who shall declare his generation? Behold, I say unto you, that when his soul has been made an offering for sin he shall see his seed. And now what say ye? And who shall be his seed Behold I say unto you, that whosoever has heard the words of the prophets, yea, all the holy prophets who have prophesied concerning the coming of the Lord—I say unto you, that all those who have hearkened unto their words, and believed that the Lord would redeem his people, and have looked forward to that day for a remission of their sins, I say unto you, that these are his seed, or they are the heirs of the kingdom of God. For these are they whose sins he has borne; these are they for whom he has died, to redeem them from their transgressions. And now, are they not his seed? Yea, and are not the prophets, every one that has opened his mouth to prophesy, that has not fallen into transgression, I mean all the holy prophets ever since the world began? I say unto you that they are his seed. And these are they who have published peace, who have brought good tidings of good, who have published salvation; and said unto Zion: Thy God reigneth! And O how beautiful upon the mountains were their feet! And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that are still publishing peace!"
If we should be the seed of God we accept the atonement of Christ, we must also preach the gospel.
Although my feet may not be beautiful, We keep trying and keep going. This gospel is true and I am so glad that I can preach it.
Love you all, thanks for your support and your love! 

Have a great week!
Stake Conference with a visit from Pres. Caffaro




No comments:

Post a Comment