Monday, January 5, 2015

Week 76: #Embark In the Service of God‏

2015 started off with a bang.
Literally. At midnight I was awakened by a thousand fireworks being lit off right outside my window. They were loud and unpleasant, and the celebrations being held below were laden with alcohol and bellowing laughter. It made me so grateful for the gospel...because, who on earth wants to start the new year with a hangover?
Not me.
That night I just laid in bed, waiting for time to go by as fast as possible so that it would be quiet again and I could get to sleep. The crackles and snaps of the pyrotechnics continued for a healthy 45 minutes...so I just started to think to myself about all of the good things that had happened since the beginning of 2014. Back then I was with Elder Beckstead, and on New Years day we had a baptism. Now. Events such as that seem so foreign and strange.

Time is ruthless, and beautiful, it is the very seam of the fabric of life. It holds our days together and maintains us sane, and punctual. Although, interestingly enough, we can read in Alma 40 that, "Now whether there is more than one time appointed for men to rise it mattereth not; for all do not die at once, and this mattereth not; all is as one day with God, and time only is measured unto men."
Time is an invention of men.
And how we use this time determines our eternal destiny.
So, I am so glad that I can say that Elder Chunga and I definitely made the most of our time here in Panorama. It was really fun to see the work of the Lord move forward here in our area.

We were able to find 18 new investigators (I'm not even sure how we did it...they were pure miracles from heaven) People just started coming from everywhere! Everywhere we looked, we were able to find something, or someone, or some family that was interested in listening to our message.
One of the highlights was Cesar and his son Carlos, he lives with his brother who is the Elder's Quorum president. We went to their house and Cesar let us in and listened to us for a little while, and said that we could come by again on Friday. We came and taught the Restoration and invited him to church.
And he came! 
It was incredible. We weren't even expecting to see any investigators come...when all of a sudden, after the benediction, Cesar and his son walked in and stat down next to his brother!
Yes!
He said that he really enjoyed the church and learned a lot.
We were just happy to see that the drought of investigators that we had before had finally ended, and that now we are really busy in my area.
So, happy new year to all of you guys. I'm sure that we're going to start off this year well! I'm happy with where we are and what we're doing! This is the work of the Lord, and if we trust in him. If we embark in the service of God...we're here to serve him with our of our hearts, might minds and strength....like it says in the new mutual theme!
So Embark Everyone!
It's a brand new year!
There's a lot of possibilities...



         

No comments:

Post a Comment