Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 96: The Final Frontier‏

Its the first week of my last change of my second year of my 24 month-long mission.
That, in and of itself is cause to leave me surprised and confused. This is the very last part...the time to shine and everything, I have spent so much time thinking that this time would never come and now I'm all wrapped up and ready to finish up things with a "reverent bang" in the words of my little brother (he is so cool).
This past week we made the effort to go on divisions with all of the Elders in our zone (which sounds like a daunting task but...we really only have 12 missionaries in our zone and 8 are Elders...). But it was a good experience for me to be able to learn so much from all of our missionaries once again.
On Tuesday we had our district meetings and I was with Distrito Centro America and listened to Elder Barker's workshops about working with members and working on unity with our companions. It was good to be able to do a refresher on those two topics....what was really fun though was how at the end we played a game.
In the game we had to write on a piece of paper something that we wanted the other person to our right to do in front of everyone...so people started writing stuff like "Dance the Bachata" or "Do 30 pushups." Then Elder Barker read a scripture: "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." (Matthew 7:12).
The game was turned upside down and we all had to do the things that we wrote down for the other people.
Once again the golden rule won out.
So, I got out of the push-ups...but if there's a movie floating around Youtube with me singing "You Don't Know You're Beautiful" by One Direction in the next 10 years...I really brought it upon myself.
It was really a great week though, there were so many things that we were able to learn from our missionaries and I was really happy that we were able to see more people progress and see so many miracles during the course of our labors....
A scripture came to my mind during this whole week: "For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory." (Alma 13: 24). What I have really come to think about more is how the Lord doesn't truly need us to bring his work to pass...but he allows us to help him, it's like a father letting his son wash the car with him.
"That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers." (Doctrine and Covenants 1:23)
He has ALREADY prepared the hearts of MANY people...and it is up to us to find them and bring them back into the fold.
We saw that a lot during this week.
On Sunday we had Stake Conference as well, and an Area 70, also a member from San Cristobal, came to speak. I loved some of the thoughts that he gave, touching on topics that we really needed to hear as missionaries and as members of the church.
I love this work, I love this church and I am so excited to see how The End begins...

Love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment