Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 74: It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown‏

It's that time of year again.
Where sugarplums, calling birds, and Josh Groban's incredibly well-done version of "The First Noel" are the tinsel and bows of the season. The air is filled with dreams and wonder and a renewed desire to give and receive with a grateful heart.
With each new day marked off on the advent calendar, anxiety's impatience lingers in the still winter air.
It's Christmas everyone. 

With only 3 days and counting until the expected date, the holidays have been on the brain. Memories of past celebrations, family traditions and old TV specials are harrowed up from the senile, baggy brain. But what else is there to do but go on in so great a cause?

Tuesday and Wednesday were a little bit rough, just about everyone from my area has left to go vacation in their respective "Pueblos" leaving my companion and I here to see what we can muster up here in Panorama.
It wasn't much but...we're getting there...
Thursday was an incredible day. We had one of the most spiritual Zone Conference that I've had in my whole mission. In Montufar's Chapel, President talked to us about the love of christ, and how it is divided into three different categories:
"Love for Christ, Love from Christ, and Love Like Christ"
I really enjoyed that thought, and it gave me a lot of things to think about during this Christmas season, how we and love our Savior through the things that we do every day.
Nephi spoke of this love in 1 Nephi 11: "And it came to pass that I beheld that she was carried away in the Spirit; and after she had been carried away in the Spirit for the space of a time the angel spake unto me, saying: Look!  And I looked and beheld the virgin again, bearing a child in her arms.
 And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father! Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw? And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things. And he spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the most joyous to the soul."



So for the rest of the week we went about trying to share the love that Christ has for us. Doing service, helping people to realize the true message of Christmas. It was a great week. 


I don't have much more time, but I just wanted to wish all of you a very merry Christmas, and hope that you can feel the love that Christ has for you during this season.
I can testify that he loves all of us, and if we come unto him, we can enjoy all of the blessings that come from him!
Merry Christmas!
Elder Monson


What a wonderful letter this week, full of happiness, blessings and service, not to mention a Christmas party too!  Merry Christmas Elder Monson!  We can't wait to Skype with you on Thursday afternoon!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment