Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 69: 'Tis the Season...Already?‏

We're now on the Christmas Count-Down-O-Meter: 39 days and counting! Woo Hoo! 
Hahaha. I love this time of year...and since the Guatemalans keep their Christmas decorations up all year I'm already in the Holiday Mood. It's weird because before my mission I was kind of a Nazi about only celebrating Christmas between Black Friday and New Years Eve....but now I'm listening to all of the Christmas-Related-Hymns I can find.


It's great.
All of the stores started putting up their decorations and all of their christmas-related promotions, which is really fun because now I can go to the bakery and by Christmas Cookies!
It's the season to be jolly and being the missionary is one of the best ways to be able to share the gospel with an extra smile.
Although this week wasn't so great, we're here, just chugging along, trying to see what we can do to share the gospel with all the world. Our good buddy Jose has had his phone turned off all week, so we haven't been able to talk to him, and that's been a bummer. And as far as all the other investigators go....
They aren't going.
Like...at all.
I dunno, but this area has really gotten me stumped this week. We've been trying our hardest but really just haven't been seeing any results. Apparently, the missionaries have been teaching the same investigators for the longest time and they're all pretty sick of us. They've all heard us tell them the same story a thousand times and yet they remain, appallingly uncommitted.
Who knows.


But what I do know is that we need to find new investigators!
What's been really fun this week is being able to be a District Leader and have an active role in the work of all of the missionaries in my district. I love being able to see how their lives are going as well as my own. If I don't have the greatest day I can know that someone else is!
San Cristobal II, my last area just brought a family of 4 to church yesterday, it was the biggest, best miracle I have seen all week. San Cristobal I had a baptism of a Sister who I was able to interview, she was so prepared and so happy that she was able to make this covenant that it really moved me! And the Sisters in Panorama II are just doing so well working so hard.
It really reminds me of a scripture I read this last week "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." (Mosiah 2:41)
We're happy when we do what the lord commands.
So let's do it!

Love all of you and hope you have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment