Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 66: Oh Babylon, Oh Babylon‏

My 4th (and final) week in San Cristobal turned out to be the cream of the crop. Even though I started things off pretty bummed out, things picked up the pace as the week went on. This last week was one that kicked me while I was already down in the dumps.
The biggest blessing was the fact that I have two legendary companions. Elder Linford and Elder Gudiel are two awesome missionaries, them and the scriptures were the things that really helped me to lift up my sprits and give me the faith to keep moving forward. My Californian buddy is getting ready go to home; he's only six weeks away! He has been teaching me that, even though things are rough, there are no excuses for not working your very hardest and enduring to the end.
And Elder Gudiel taught me the same lesson...just about the beginning of the mission: There are no excuses! Try your hardest! Even though the people may be hardened of heart, we must not cease preaching unto them!
There was a verse in Moroni that talks about that, which really impacted me: "And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God."
Sometimes, preaching the gospel unto the Laminates makes us sad, and causes grief unto our own souls, but the end result  makes things completely worth it. Imagine, Moroni was devastated when he lamented, "Oh ye fair ones, how could ye have departed from the ways of the Lord! O ye fair ones, how could ye have rejected that Jesus, who stood with open arms to receive you! ...
But behold, ye are gone, and my sorrows cannot bring your return."
I felt a little bit like this here in San Cristobal.
I've learned so many things, preaching unto those who refuse to listen...and now I am so much more happy for to have those who will listen.
Edgar Solares, a 23 year old has been listening for a few weeks...and on Sunday he came to church. The chapel was full and spirits were raised. He's been reading the Book of Mormon and he believes that it's true. On the 9th of November he has committed to be baptized.
The Church is True my friends.
It's too bad that I won't be here to see the service. Last night, we received a call, saying that Elder Gudiel and I will both be leaving San Cristobal II.
I don't know how I feel about it...
But I'm sure glad that the Lord wanted to have a one-on-one session with me here in this area. And now, it's time to bid farewell to this babylon...

I'm almost done with the Book of Mormon too, Just wanted to share these Scriptures from Ether 12:
"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

"And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."




No comments:

Post a Comment