Saturday, July 18, 2015

The End

It has been a little over a week since I returned from Guatemala.
So, there have been a lot of different things going through my head, trying to adapt to not having such a structured schedule, food that I seem to enjoy more, and the odd sickly-sensation of having left a part of me behind in Guatemala. I wasn't quite ready to make the change back into reality, but that's what life is all about: moving on, trying harder and going upward and onward.

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” -Walt Disney
It's time to move on...

Not to leave behind the lessons learned, but to put them into practice, to grow even more and to carry a part of Guatemala with me...wherever I go next.
I am so glad that I took the opportunity to go on a mission. It has blessed my life more than anything else that I have ever done. It has been a gift, a refiners fire and living proof that my Heavenly Father is aware of me, and knows how to help me through the good and bad...that he has a plan for me and for everyone that I come in contact with every day.
He knows about you too. And he will help you just as he did me.
I would like to thank all of the wonderful people who helped cheer me on throughout my whole mission. For President and Sister Stay and their marvelous example of love and devotion, for President and Sister Caffaro, for being so full of faith and dedication...I have been blessed with fantastic Mission Presidents who have taught me so much.
I'm grateful for everyone I was able to teach and be taught by, for my incredible family who was right there with me every step of the way. For every experience that I was able to have and for the amazing missionaries, members and investigators who impacted my life every day.
I am going to miss Guatemala, but I am proud of all of the work I did there. Even if it doesn't feel real to be back in the United States, it's life now. And I wouldn't change all of the things that I learned on my mission for the world. 
So, it's back to the daily grind for me....school, work and family.
But now it all means a lot more.
I know this church is true, I know that Jesus Christ is our savior, lord and redeemer. He died on the cross for all of our sins.
I know that the Prophet Joseph Smith was called of God to open the dispensation of the fullness of times and help to continue the great call of our messiah to, "Preach his gospel to every nation kindred, tongue and people" a cause to which I have just dedicated 2 whole years.
I loved my mission and I am so grateful to have served.
This fantastic journey that I embarked on has reached it's end...but with the faith and trust that this work will move on...it will keep moving forward.

The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.






No comments:

Post a Comment