Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 100: Hey...It's my Birthday!‏

It's Monday again here in "La Zona Utatlan" and it's good to know that the world is still turning. Things just keep chugging along around here, as we keep moving forward we keep seeing more blessings and more miracles...that's the key to Enduring to the End. 
I love the quote from Elder Kevin W. Pearson in this last General Conference, "Enduring to the end is a hallmark of true discipleship and is essential to eternal life. But when trials and challenges come our way, we are often told to simply “hang in there.” Let me be clear: to “hang in there” is not a principle of the gospel. Enduring to the end means constantly coming unto Christ and being perfected in Him."


Sometimes "enduring to the end" can seem like a burden, a task, a chore, but the "Joy" is indeed found "in the journey" as modern Prophets and the Wizard of Oz episode of Phineas and Ferb have all declared.
So, while reality begins to set in, I am just doing my best to try to keep my mind occupied in other things 
The good thing is that there are a lot of things to keep myself occupied doing...otherwise I would be plastered by the overwhelming sensations that come with finishing a mission.


We started the week with a Zone Council on Tuesday, my last zone council.
In spite of that weighty thought, it was actually a great experience. We learned a lot about being a "Consecrated Missionary" and how we can better apply chapter 13 of Preach My Gospel, on working with Ward and Stake leaders. There was so much to cover in so little time  but in the end we all came out with a renewed resolve to do things even better.
We worked really hard all day and prepared ourselves for the planned division with the AP's the next morning.
On Wednesday, I went back to Montufar, which is now the Assistant's Area, and worked like crazy with Elder Bustillo. He's from Honduras. The sector we worked in was Elder Walton and Elder Mendez's area while I was in the office, so I was able to see some familiar faces...but aside from them there were a bunch of members I didn't quite recognize.
We taught some very spiritual lessons to a large quantity of Investigators, and what really impacted me was that all of them demonstrated a sincere desire to follow Christ, and those who had a Baptismal Date showed true fruits of repentance.
Overall, it was a great day.
We woke up early the next morning and went back to our area. Elder Taya and I did weekly Planning and then went off on Divisions once more with the Elders of Monte Verde 1. I stayed in Castillo Lara with Elder Rich (from Ohio), and we worked really hard.
Elder Rich has been in the mission for a good 4 months now...and being with him made me feel really old (haha, I'm not even 20 yet...technically still a teenager). Things went well.
The rest of the week was spent peparing things for the Baptism of Dayna on Saturday morning.
It was an awesome experience, Dayna was literally thrilled to be there, and invited a bunch of friends that she had made in "Fumbal" (all of whom are ex-missionaries)....and a whopping 30-something people came. It was just great.
After the service, I asked Dayna how she felt...and she exclaimed, "while I was changing out of my baptismal clothes, I felt like I was just new, and fresh....like I was shedding my old skin and taking on a new life.
Elder Taya told her that that feeling was the confirmation of the spirit that her baptism was valid in the Lord's eyes.
So, things are good...I am happy, anxious and tired....and ready to go out there and make my last 2 weeks the best they can possibly be.
Have a great week!

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstien

My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever.

And may the grace of God the Father, whose throne is high in the heavens, and our Lord Jesus Christ, who sitteth on the right hand of his power, until all things shall become subject unto him, be, and abide with you forever. Amen. -Moroni 9 25-26


Happy Birthday Elder Monson!!! 

 Finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish




No comments:

Post a Comment