Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week 60: Au Revoir, Montufar‏

Amended Post: (He was able to send off this quick info later in the day.)
"My New Companion's name is Elder Argueta, He's from El Salvador.
We will be opening up an area 

in El Tesoro II....Woo Hoo! Fill you in on Monday"

This was the first Stake Conference that I've had investigators in attendance of my whole mission. It's a completely different experience, you start hearing everything with investigator's ears, and cringing at the sound of even the slightest bit of deep doctrine.
"Patriarchal blessing..." *Cringe*
"Temple Endowment..." *Yikes*
"My Polygamist Ancestors" *Oh no...*
It's like they say here in Guatemala, you can't just give a T-Bone steak to a baby to eat, you have to start off with Milk (and baby food) until they graduate to higher things. And that's what we try to do, just start by easing into things: The Restoration, Plan of Salvation and the Gospel of Jesus Christ... but every so often after a Testimony Meeting or a heated debate in Relief Society, we as missionaries get to explain a lot about the questions that submerge.
So it was kind of awkward, in spite of the fact that we were so happy to have brought seven investigators to the Stake Conference.
That, my friend is called a miracle.
President and Sister Caffaro both spoke, along with the Stake President, his councilors and two Temple Workers from the US.
Although I was nervous, the conference turned out very well and our investigators really did like it.
So, even though Ana couldn't get confirmed until the next week I felt like we had a lot of success.
This whole week has been just a big whirlwind of worry.
I haven't been quite myself these few days. My mind has just been caught up in the looming shadow of Changes on the 16th. There's six weeks in every change, and for some reason week six is just the worst of all of them.
Not to be pessimistic or anything, but that's just the way things are. All you can think about is the adventure that may, or may not be right around the corner...do I stay or do I go?
Who knows?
Only the Lord does.
But notwithstanding, this was a pretty decent week in all respects. We visited Minor and Veronica pretty much every day, and had a Family Home Evening with them and the Rivera Family on Tuesday where we talked about the importance of temples and how they hold the sealing power to be able to create eternal families.
The Gospel is so cool.
I found this scripture that really impacted me: "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."
I love that thought.
So...yeah.
I'm sorry (breaks the forth wall) I just found out that I have changes and that I'm going to be training a new missionary and probably opening up a new area...so I am just freaking out. (see below he is new area and comp)
Good Bye Offices

Good Bye Montufar
We'll see what happens next...

#AbruptEnding #Cliffhanger




There are few things that as a mother I enjoy more than watching my children learn and grow, understand themselves, their relationship with their Heavenly Father and know their direction with the Savior as their compass.  This letter, for me, has given me just that.  Tyler's hopeful look to the future challenge and embracing it because he knows who he is and what he is about.  Tears of Joy really, a mother's heart is singing today as he wrote.  I'm grateful for this opportunity for Tyler to learn something new.  I'm sure there will be challenges but my prayer is that he will continue to know where to turn to find answers and never give up!  Go Elder Monson make this "change" the best yet.  Love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment