Thursday, July 18, 2013

The last few days...

Just a few more things to do and a few more memories to create and then Tyler is off.  He speaks in church on Sunday, is set apart as a missionary Monday night at 6pm and leaves Tuesday night for a long flight to Guatemala.  The time has come!

I have given him three pieces of advice that seems to resinate with successful missionary work:

1-LOVE the people and your companion!
2-WORK HARD, don't be afraid to give it your all! You can do hard things (a motto our family has had for many years)
3-Be EXACTLY OBEDIENT!  If you are the Lord will bless you, keep you well and you will experience immense joy as you serve.

A friend told me this saying, I think Elder Eyring said it, "Being obedient will bring success but being exactly obedient you will see miracles".  That is what I can see Tyler enjoying on his mission.  Miracles!

Love you Tyler, you are well prepared.  Your life this far has prepared you.  You are a happy, loving, kind young man and I just can't wait to see how the Lord helps you stretch and grow.  Go and do my wonderful son!

I love you to the moon and back!
Mom

Pictures of Tyler's day at the Temple- June 29, 2013
 





No comments:

Post a Comment